The idea that new and shiny technology and media production platforms come with an outrageous price tag isn’t always the case. You can maximize your event or associations’ engagement levels without breaking the bank – using Facebook Live. Did you know that people are 10 times more likely to comment on a Facebook Live video than a regular video? This social media platform is a cost-effective and powerful video tool that can be leveraged to help your association connect, engage and inspire its members, prospects and stakeholders.
What is Facebook Live? It’s a live broadcasting platform that lets you connect with your followers by sharing real-time video. You can interact with your viewers immediately by reading and replying to their comments. No expensive equipment and no complicated post-production technology are required– all you need is your smartphone or tablet (and a Facebook page of course!)
So now that you know what it is, how does it create engagement opportunities for your association? There are many ways you can use Facebook Live to connect with your members. Some examples are:
- Capturing conference highlights. This could persuade other members to attend your future events or join your association.
- It’s a creative way to show members the new and exciting things happening within your organization. Is there a new membership software launching soon? Show us with a video!
- Live feed also means on the spot Get instant feedback from you members in the video comments.
- Host Question and Answer periods, announcements, crowdsource new ideas – and more! With a little bit of creativity, there is no limit to your reach.
Using Facebook Live strategically allows you to show off your association’s personality while piquing interest amongst your audience. While real-time engagement can be scary, the pay-off is proving to be worth it.
Latest posts by Redstone (see all)
- NFTs for Events and Associations - May 25, 2022
- How to Create an Engaging Virtual Awards Ceremony - February 25, 2022
- Redstone’s Rachel Keller Recognized as Top in the Industry - October 22, 2021